- The most useful skill for Incubator Managers is the ability to manage stakeholders.
- 7 People every Entrepreneur should know: banker, accountant, attorney, coach, technologist, insurance agent and marketer.
- Give your advisory board a goal of bringing/sending X number of prospects per quarter to the incubator.
- Homesite.com can do background checks for $25. (Have to check on that one!)
- Be sure to invite local politicians and legislature representatives to your incubator events - even if they don't come, they will note your activities.
- Understand the differences between the SBA 504 program and 7a loans
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Notes from NBIA (National Business Incubator Association) meeting
We just returned from our annual meeting of the NBIA. For those of you who are involved with incubators - here are some notes I took during the sessions. Sorry I don't usually have references!